Every year, IndianOil sets aside a fixed portion of its profits for spreading smiles
in millions of lives across the country through a comprehensive community welfare
and development programme. About one-fourth of the community development funds are
spent on the welfare of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe beneficiaries.
IndianOil has a concerted social responsibility programme to partner communities
in health, family welfare, education, environment protection, providing potable
water, sanitation, and empowerment of women and other marginalised groups. IndianOil
has always been in the forefront in times of national emergencies. IndianOil People
have time and again rallied to help victims of natural calamities, maintaining uninterrupted
supply of petroleum products and contributing to relief and rehabilitation measures
in cash and kind.
IndianOil’s community-focused initiatives include allotment of petrol/diesel station
dealerships and LPG distributorships to beneficiaries from among Scheduled Castes,
Scheduled Tribes, physically handicapped, ex-servicemen, war widows, etc. The Corporation
has also unveiled kisan seva kendras as small-format retail outlets to reach quality
products and services to people in the rural areas.
- Provision of Common LPG Kitchen facilities in villages
- Release of one-time grant to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the rural areas
for release of new LPG connection under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitarak Yojana(RGGLV
IndianOil Foundation, a non-profit Trust, was formed in the year 2000 with
an initial corpus of Rs 25 crore and a recurring annual contribution of Rs 10
crore to protect, preserve and promote national heritage monuments in
collaboration with the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and National
Culture Fund (NCF) of the Government of India. In the first phase, the following sites have been identified
for developing tourist friendly facilities in the monument complex:
The projects for developing tourist friendly facilities at the above sites are in various stages of planning/execution.
- Konark Sun Temple, Odisha in Eastern Zone
- Vaishali, Bihar in Eastern Zone
- Kanheri Caves, Maharashtra in Western Zone
- Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh in Central Zone
- Warangal Fort, Andhra Pradesh in Southern Zone
The Corporation also supports a variety of endeavours in arts, culture, music and dance, apart from organising programmes on its own under the banners of IndianOil Art Exhibition, IndianOil Sangeet Sabha and IndianOil Kavi Sammelan.
The Community Development Programme adopts a multi-disciplinary approach incorporating health, family welfare, education, drinking water and sanitation, empowerment of women and other marginalized groups in the vicinity of our major installations. While utilising the Community Development Funds, more emphasis is laid on the projects for providing Clean Drinking Water, Health & Medical Care and Education.
The activities undertaken under the above three thrust areas are as under:
Besides the above, IndianOil also runs and maintains the following for the benefit of the local community:
- Providing Clean Drinking Water: Installation of hand pumps/bore well/tube wells/submersible pumps, construction of elevated water tanks, providing water tap connection, rainwater harvesting projects/kits, aquaguard water purifiers/water coolers to schools/community center etc.
- Health & Medical Care: Organising Medical/Health Camps on Family Planning, Immunization, AIDS awareness, Pulse Polio, Eye, Blood Donation, Pre and Post-natal Care, Homeopathic Medicine etc., distribution of free condoms, providing anti-mosquito fogging treatment, toilets, medicines to primary health centres, mosquito nets, ambulances to Medical Centres/Hospitals/NGOs, hearing aids/wheel chairs to physically challenged, financial assistance to hospitals, medical equipments etc.
- Swarna Jayanti Samudaik Hospital, Raunchi Bangar, Mathura: IndianOil’s 50-bed Swarna Jayanti Samudaik Hospital (Village: Raunchi
Bangar, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh) was established in 1999 to provide
medical assistance to residents of nearby areas. This hospital also
operates two mobile dispensaries to provide primary medical care in the
nearby villages of Mathura Refinery. The hospital provides free treatment to
the destitute and offers subsidized treatment to others. It has facilities viz.
OPD, in-patient department for general medicine and surgery, emergency
services, physiotherapy, trauma centre, ICU, burns center, diagnostic
services, blood bank, etc. Out of 50-beds, 10 beds are designated for
providing free treatment to the destitute. Annually, about 55,000 patients
are treated in OPD and 3500 are treated as in-patients.
- Assam Oil Division, Digboi: IndianOil’s 200-bed Assam Oil Division Hospital at Digboi, which
was established in 1906, caters to a population of about two lakhs
with catchment area extending to Arunachal Pradesh and nearby
areas of the North East. This multi specialty tertiary care hospital has
a 24-hours emergency centre, well equipped operation theatres, a burn
unit, diagnostic services, telemedicine centre, substance abuse and
treatment centre, blood bank, medical stores, morgue, etc. This hospital
is recognized by the Medical Council of India for compulsory rotating
internship and resident housemanship by National Board of Examinations
for Diploma of National Board in Medicine and by Govt. of Assam for
Radiographer and Laboratory Technician training. It offers specialized
care and treatment at very nominal rates. This hospital also organizes free
health camps of general and specialized nature as a part of community
outreach services. Annually, this hospital checks about 1 lakh patients
in OPD, 4000 patients for indoor admissions and conducts operative
procedures on 2000 patients.
- Assam Oil School of Nursing, Digboi:Assam Oil School of Nursing, Digboi was established in 1986. It offers
professional nursing/midwifery courses to unemployed girls of the
North East. The school offers 4 year Diploma in General Nursing and
Midwifery. 20 girls are selected on merit every year through a written
test. The students are paid monthly stipend and uniform and free
accommodations are also provided. IndianOil also provides facilities viz.
free medical treatment, routine and special care, immunization, health
record maintenance, separate sick room and sick leave to the students.
Till March 2013, 316 students have successfully completed the course
and the placement record is 100%. IndianOil won the 2nd prize under the
category PRSI National Award (CSR) instituted by Public Relations Society
of India (PRSI) in September, 2012 for this project.
- IndianOil (AOD) Industrial Training Centre, Digboi: Industrial Training Centre at IndianOil (AOD)-Digboi, under the aegis
of National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT), offers 68 seats
in various Industrial Trade disciplines. It offers a 3-year fresher trade
course and specialization in fitter, electrician, turner, mechanic jobs.
After completion of training, students become eligible to appear in All
India Trade Test conducted by NCVT. On successful completion, students
are awarded National Trade Certificate in the respective trades by NCVT.
IndianOil also assists students for placement in many Public & Private
sector organizations. Since inception, 1126 students have successfully completed various courses at this centre and have been absorbed in
various Public & Private sector organizations.
- IndianOil Sachal Swasthya Seva (Moblie Medical Units): In January 2012, IndianOil launched a primary mobile health care scheme titled ‘IndianOil Sachal Swasthya Seva’ for operating Mobile Medical Units(MMUs), linked to rural petrol pumps (called Kisan Seva Kendras or KSK)
of IndianOil. In the pilot project, 52 MMUs have been launched in Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh covering 681 villages in 13 districts. Each MMU, with a 4-member team comprising a registered qualified Doctor, a pharmacist, a driver and a community mobilizer visits villages on a
weekly basis. Patients are provided medical services and medicines free of cost. The MMUs are also used for conducting health awareness camps on Family Planning, Health & Hygiene, HIV/AIDS, etc. The Doctors also refer patients to nearby hospitals, as and when required. During the year,
12 MMUs were launched in Uttar Pradesh and 21 MMUs in Andhra Pradesh. Till March 2013, about 11 lakh patients have been treated by 52 MMUs in AP & UP. The Institute for Public Enterprises, Hyderabad has awarded IndianOil with Subir Raha Centre for Corporate Governance award during Dec. 2012 for health related CSR initiatives.
- MOC With TATA Institute of Social Science, Mumbai: A Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) was signed between IndianOil
and Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) to conduct Baseline Survey in
about 280 villages in the vicinity of 40 units/locations of IndianOil across
21 states for Impact Assessment of various CSR projects and other CSR
activities. The MoC will be valid for 24 months.
- Expansion of Education: Providing financial assistance to schools for construction/renovation/repair of hostels, school buildings, classrooms etc., computers to schools, books, furniture, laboratory equipment, awards to meritorious students, scholarships to poor students, adult literacy programme, delivery vans for distribution of mid-day meals to Govt. School children, sponsoring/organizing rural sports/games, sports meets/events, supporting education and research activities etc.
IndianOil Scholarship Schemes:
- IndianOil Educational Scholarship Schemes: IndianOil Education Scholarship Scheme, started in the year 1985 with 50
scholarships, has expanded to 2600 scholarships, which are awarded on
merit-cum-means basis to support talent among the deserving students
belonging to families with less than Rs 1 lakh gross annual family income.
50% scholarships are reserved for SC/ST/OBC students, 25% for girl
students and 10% for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) in each category/
sub-category. While 600 scholarships are awarded for pursing professional
courses like Engineering, MBBS and MBA, 2000 scholarships are awarded
to students pursuing 10+/ITI courses.
- "IndianOil Scholarships Scheme" for Graduate and Post-Graduate students:– Under the scheme total 600 scholarships (300 for Engineering, 200 for MBBS and 100 for MBA) are awarded every year @Rs.3000/- per month for all the four years for Engineering and Medical Courses and two years for Business Administration/Management courses.
- “IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme” for 10+/ITI studies:– Under the scheme total 2000 scholarships are awarded to students pursuing 10+ courses/ITI every year @ Rs.1000/- per month for two years. 400 scholarships out of 2000 are allocated to deserving students from the North Eastern states, Andaman & Nicobar Islands along with Jammu & Kashmir.
- IndianOil Sports Scholarship Scheme: IndianOil introduced a Sports Scholarship Scheme in the year 2006-07
for promising young sports persons representing State in team games
and National ranking in others. At present,150 scholarships are awarded
in 19 games/sports fields for junior players. In addition, cost of kit items,
assistance towards travel, lodging etc. is also provided.
National Causes and Natural Calamities:
IndianOil responds proactively to provide aid and relief to the victims of any natural calamities like floods, tsunami, earthquake, cyclones etc. IndianOil also contributes for national causes in the benefit of the nation like setting up of educational institutions of national importance like the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology to promoting a cause like National Children’s Fund, Jansankhya Sthirtha Kosh etc.
As part of its environment-protection initiatives, IndianOil has invested close to Rs. 7,000 crore in state-of-the-art technologies at its refineries for production of green fuels meeting global standards. To further reduce dependence on precious petroleum products and secure the nation’s energy security, the Corporation is now in the process of commercialising various options in alternative fuels such as ethanol-blended petrol, biodiesel, and Hydrogen and Hydrogen-CNG.
With safety, health and environment protection high on its corporate agenda, IndianOil is committed to conducting business with a strong environment conscience, so as to ensure sustainable development, safe work places and enrichment of the quality of life of its employees, customers and the community. IndianOil is also committed to the Global Compact Programme of the United Nations and endeavours to abide by the 10 principles of the programme, some of which are already part of the Corporation’s Vision and Mission statements. It is the firm resolve of IndianOil People to move beyond business, touch every heart and fuel a billion dreams.