Every year, IndianOil sets aside a fixed portion of its profits for spreading smiles
in millions of lives across the country through a comprehensive community welfare
and development programme. About one-fourth of the community development funds are
spent on the welfare of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe beneficiaries.
IndianOil has a concerted social responsibility programme to partner communities
in health, family welfare, education, environment protection, providing potable
water, sanitation, and empowerment of women and other marginalised groups. IndianOil
has always been in the forefront in times of national emergencies. IndianOil People
have time and again rallied to help victims of natural calamities, maintaining uninterrupted
supply of petroleum products and contributing to relief and rehabilitation measures
in cash and kind.
IndianOil’s community-focused initiatives include allotment of petrol/diesel station
dealerships and LPG distributorships to beneficiaries from among Scheduled Castes,
Scheduled Tribes, physically handicapped, ex-servicemen, war widows, etc. The Corporation
has also unveiled kisan seva kendras as small-format retail outlets to reach quality
products and services to people in the rural areas.
- Provision of Common LPG Kitchen facilities in villages
- Release of one-time grant to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the rural areas
for release of new LPG connection under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitarak Yojana(RGGLV
The IndianOil Foundation (IOF), a non-profit Trust was created in 2000 to protect,
preserve and promote the National Heritage, in collaboration with ASI and NCF of
the Government of India. In the first phase, the following sites have been identified
for developing tourist friendly facilities in the monument complex:
The projects for developing tourist friendly facilities at the above sites are in various stages of planning/execution.
- Konark Sun Temple, Odisha in Eastern Zone
- Vaishali, Bihar in Eastern Zone
- Kanheri Caves, Maharashtra in Western Zone
- Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh in Central Zone
- Warangal Fort, Andhra Pradesh in Southern Zone
The Corporation also supports a variety of endeavours in arts, culture, music and dance, apart from organising programmes on its own under the banners of IndianOil Art Exhibition, IndianOil Sangeet Sabha and IndianOil Kavi Sammelan.
The Community Development Programme adopts a multi-disciplinary approach incorporating health, family welfare, education, drinking water and sanitation, empowerment of women and other marginalized groups in the vicinity of our major installations. While utilising the Community Development Funds, more emphasis is laid on the projects for providing Clean Drinking Water, Health & Medical Care and Education.
The activities undertaken under the above three thrust areas are as under:
Besides the above, IndianOil also runs and maintains the following for the benefit of the local community:
- Providing Clean Drinking Water: Installation of hand pumps/bore well/tube wells/submersible pumps, construction of elevated water tanks, providing water tap connection, rainwater harvesting projects/kits, aquaguard water purifiers/water coolers to schools/community center etc.
- Health & Medical Care: Organising Medical/Health Camps on Family Planning, Immunization, AIDS awareness, Pulse Polio, Eye, Blood Donation, Pre and Post-natal Care, Homeopathic Medicine etc., distribution of free condoms, providing anti-mosquito fogging treatment, toilets, medicines to primary health centres, mosquito nets, ambulances to Medical Centres/Hospitals/NGOs, hearing aids/wheel chairs to physically challenged, financial assistance to hospitals, medical equipments etc.
- 50 Bed Swarna Jayanti Samudaik Hospital, Raunchi Bangar, Mathura: IndianOil has set up a 50 bed Swarna Jayanti Samudaik Hospital, at village Raunchi Bangar, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh for providing medical assistance to the residents of the area. In addition, two mobile dispensaries have been set up by Mathura Refinery to provide primary medical care in the nearby villages of Mathura Refinery. The entire cost of operation and maintenance of hospital including operation of two mobile dispensaries is borne by the Corporation. The hospital provides free treatment to destitute and offers subsidized treatment to others.
- 200 bed hospital set up by Assam Oil Division, IOCL at Digboi, Assam: IndianOil has set up and runs a 200 bed hospital at Digboi with ultra-modern medical facilities for the benefit of the people of the area. The hospital doctors alongwith paramedical staff also visit the nearby villages for providing health care services to the villagers. The medical care services provided by the hospital are heavily subsidized.
- Assam Oil School of Nursing, AOD, Digboi: Assam Oil School of Nursing, established in the year 1986, offers a three year diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery, recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, where local girls are trained to be professional nurses. 20 Students per year are awarded Diploma by the Nursing School and till date over 294 girls have obtained diploma in Nursing and Midwifery courses. The entire cost of training is borne by the Corporation and the students are also paid a monthly stipend during their training.
- IndianOil Rural Mobile HealthCare Scheme: IndianOil has identified the lack of medical services, especially availability of qualified doctors, as one of the major problems facing rural India. Most of the diseases prevalent in rural India can be treated through timely primary healthcare and basic awareness regarding prevention and treatment. In order to bridge this gap, IndianOil is planning to launch the IndianOil Rural Mobile HealthCare Scheme which would provide primary healthcare to the villages near the IndianOil Kisan Seva Kendras. Kisan Seva Kendra is an award-winning retail outlet model pioneered by IndianOil to cater to the needs of customers in the rural segment. Under the IndianOil Rural Mobile HealthCare Scheme, mobile medical units with a dedicated team of doctor, pharmacist, community worker and driver would travel amongst the villages near a Kisan Seva Kendra as per a fixed schedule providing primary healthcare to the local community. In the pilot phase, IndianOil intends to launch the scheme in parts of Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, which would later be scaled up to other states as well.
- Expansion of Education: Providing financial assistance to schools for construction/renovation/repair of hostels, school buildings, classrooms etc., computers to schools, books, furniture, laboratory equipment, awards to meritorious students, scholarships to poor students, adult literacy programme, delivery vans for distribution of mid-day meals to Govt. School children, sponsoring/organizing rural sports/games, sports meets/events, supporting education and research activities etc.
IndianOil Scholarship Schemes:
- IndianOil Educational Scholarship Schemes: IndianOil awards 2600 scholarships to meritorious students pursuing full-time courses in 10+/ITI, Engineering/Medical and Business Administration to nurture and support talent among the deserving students belonging to families with less than rupees one lakh as the gross joint annual income. Out of which 50% are reserved for SC/ST/OBC students, 25% of the Scholarship is earmarked for girl students and 10% for Physically Handicapped students. The whole Scheme for awarding Scholarships is meant for deserving extremely poor and downtrodden children.
- “IndianOil Scholarships Scheme” for Graduate and Post-Graduate students:– Under the scheme total 600 scholarships (300 for Engineering, 200 for MBBS and 100 for MBA) are awarded every year @Rs.3000/- per month for all the four years for Engineering and Medical Courses and two years for Business Administration/Management courses.
- “IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme” for 10+/ITI studies:– Under the scheme total 2000 scholarships are awarded to students pursuing 10+ courses/ITI every year @ Rs.1000/- per month for two years. 400 scholarships out of 2000 are allocated to deserving students from the North Eastern states, Andaman & Nicobar Islands along with Jammu & Kashmir.
- IndianOil Sports Scholarship Scheme: IndianOil awards Sports Scholarship to promising young sports persons representing State in team games and on National ranking in others. The Sports Scholarship Scheme awards 150 (number of scholarships increased from 72 to 150 during the year) for 10 games/sports (Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Tennis, Chess, Hockey, Golf, Billiards/Snooker, Carrom and Athletics) to upcoming junior players in the age groups upto 19 years. The scholarship amount varies from Rs.9000/-p.m. to Rs.14000/- p.m. based on the performance of the scholar for 3 years in addition to kit items. The Corporation also provides assistance towards travel and lodging etc. for scholars in individual games.
National Causes and Natural Calamities:
IndianOil responds proactively to provide aid and relief to the victims of any natural calamities like floods, tsunami, earthquake, cyclones etc. IndianOil also contributes for national causes in the benefit of the nation like setting up of educational institutions of national importance like the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology to promoting a cause like National Children’s Fund, Jansankhya Sthirtha Kosh etc.
As part of its environment-protection initiatives, IndianOil has invested close to Rs. 7,000 crore in state-of-the-art technologies at its refineries for production of green fuels meeting global standards. To further reduce dependence on precious petroleum products and secure the nation’s energy security, the Corporation is now in the process of commercialising various options in alternative fuels such as ethanol-blended petrol, biodiesel, and Hydrogen and Hydrogen-CNG.
With safety, health and environment protection high on its corporate agenda, IndianOil is committed to conducting business with a strong environment conscience, so as to ensure sustainable development, safe work places and enrichment of the quality of life of its employees, customers and the community. IndianOil is also committed to the Global Compact Programme of the United Nations and endeavours to abide by the 10 principles of the programme, some of which are already part of the Corporation’s Vision and Mission statements. It is the firm resolve of IndianOil People to move beyond business, touch every heart and fuel a billion dreams.