NANOCUT: High Therm Indane Cutting Gas
Conventionally metal cutting application involves usage of Oxy Acetylene mixture which has higher degree of hazard potential due to high shock sensitivity and very large flammability range. The method of using oxy-acetylene gas for metal cutting applications is fraught with potential hazard of explosion during usage as well as storage and hence discouraged worldwide despite of its high flame temperature and calorific value. The issue of high cost and hazards associated with acetylene calls for an alternative which is safer, cheaper, and easily available. This has prompted the usage of Liquefied Petroleum Gases (LPG) for metal cutting applications. However, the lower flame temperature of LPG has been an adverse aspect, which limits the use of LPG in high temperature applications such as metal cutting.
Indian Oil, the top energy provider in India, has been working on the ways and means of enhancing the performance of LPG for high flame temperature applications. Our new product "Indane NANOCUT" is additized LPG for high temperature Industrial applications which is based on a proprietary additive formulation innovated at Indian Oil R&D Centre Faridabad. The indigenously developed additive enhances the efficiency of LPG as cutting gas in terms of high flame temperature, heat through put, low oxygen consumption, reduced cylinder inventory, thereby leading to better economy to the user of "Indane NANOCUT".
- Faster cut
- Reduced slag/ wastage
- Sharp cut
- Soot free flame
- Cheaper product
- Lower oxygen consumption
- Easy product availability
- Easy storage at site
- Easy transportation
- Lower operating pressure
- Safe and operator friendly
- Low glare flame
- Lower torch nozzle maintenance
- Reduced cylinder inventory
- Indane NANOCUT - Provides industrially acceptable and safe alternative to the oxy-acetylene cutting process
- Indane NANOCUT- Provides higher flame temperature
- Indane NANOCUT - Provides excellent metal cutting ability in terms of higher heat input compared to the commercial reference cutting gas enabling cutting jobs with larger cross sections
- Indane NANOCUT - Provides lower consumption rates, quicker preheat time, excellent cut surface finish, penetration, cutting speed, kerf width, key hole formation and less oxide / slag formation for all thicknesses of plates
- Indane NANOCUT – Has a proven compatibility to industrial cutting gas distribution systems made of metal, rubber, and plastic components
- Indane NANOCUT – Operator friendly and superior HSE performance
Indane NANOCUT - Potential Applications
- Highly recommended for sectors which typically involve metal cutting, heating, straightening, hardening, welding, soldering, brazing, coating etc. and who are currently using either oxy-acetylene, LPG. Indane Nanocut will provide a thermal temperature much higher than that of LPG or other commercially available LPG based products. Evolved after extensive field trials and testing by various laboratories, establishing superior performance.
- Cutting of carbon steel, Low, Medium & High alloy steel plates / Ingots of any desired thickness
- Flame hardening applications
- Other industrial heating applications
|Typical savings potential from usage of Indane NANOCUT
|ATTRIBUTES OF INDANE NANOCUT
*Calculated values #Experimental values using thermocouple
Handling & Protection:
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is critical in a fabricating shop involving in metal cutting operations for several reasons. The Occupational Safety is of immense importance for the industrial sector. Hazards exist in every workplace in many different forms and controlling a hazard at its source is the best way to protect employees. Employers must provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to their employees and ensure its use. Examples of PPE but not limited to items as gloves, foot and eye protection, protective hearing devices (earplugs, muffs) hard hats, and full body suits.