IndianOil offers 2600 Scholarships to Students pursuing 10+, ITI, Engineering, MBBS & MBA Streams on merit-cum-means basis as under:
||Duration for which Scholarship will be awarded and minimum duration of course
||No. of Scholar ships
||Scholarship amount per month
Abbreviations: SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, OBC: Other Backward Class, GEN: General, PwDs: Persons with Disabilities
SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED :
1. “IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme” for 10+/ITI studies
2000 Scholarships are offered for 10+/ITI students. The proportionate distribution of scholarships will be State-wise, based on “Number of students who appeared for 10th Standard examination during 2013-14”.
2. “IndianOil Scholarships Scheme” for Graduate and Post-Graduate studies
600 scholarships are offered to students pursuing professional courses (Engineering–300 Nos., MBBS-200 Nos. & MBA-100 Nos.). The scholarships will be proportionately distributed Zone-wise viz. North, South, East & West, based on “Number of students who appeared for 12th Standard examination during 2013-14”.
ELIGIBILITY: Students pursuing full time/regular courses (not correspondence/distance/online mode) in these streams & studying in Schools / Colleges / Institutions recognized by MCI / AICTE / State Education Boards/State Technical Education Boards / ICSE / ISC / CBSE shall be eligible to apply for the different streams as under :
10+/ITI : (For 10+) – Bonafide students (full time / regular) in 11th standard / Ist Year of Intermediate course or equivalent course in 2014-15 are eligible to apply.
(For ITI) - Bonafide students (full time / regular) in 1st year of 2 years ITI course in 2014-15 are eligible to apply.
Engineering & MBBS : Bonafide students (full time/regular) in the first year of Engineering/MBBS degree courses in 2014-15 (minimum 4 years’ duration course) are eligible to apply.
MBA : Bonafide students (full time/regular) in the first year of minimum 2 years post graduate course in Business Administration/Management in 2014-15 are eligible to apply.
The marks obtained in the qualifying examination making the students eligible to seek admission in the respective first year of these courses will be considered for selection. Minimum eligibility percentage of marks required from the students of various categories in qualifying examination is given in the above table.
Percentage of marks obtained in qualifying examination shall be calculated on total aggregate marks of all subjects. In case of Graduates, percentage of marks obtained shall be calculated on total aggregate of marks of all subjects for all the academic years of graduation.
Normalization of marks for all streams shall be done by using percentile method so as to rationalize the variation of marks provided by different Education Boards and Universities/Institutions.
INCOME : Gross Joint annual income of the family of the student from all sources during financial year 2013-14 should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only). However, in case of tie, preference will be given to the students whose family income (gross joint income from all sources in 2013-14) is upto Rs. 60,000/- (Rs. Sixty thousand only). Income certificate should be got issued from appropriate civil authorities of the State/UTs/Central Governments whose details have been specified under the head ‘Submission of Documents by Applicants’. Any Affidavit submitted as Income Proof shall not be accepted.
AGE LIMIT: Minimum 15 years and maximum 30 years as on 01.07.2014. Persons born between 01.07.1984 and 01.07.1999 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply. However, relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) is permissible.
RESERVATION : 49.5% scholarships are reserved i.e. SC(15%), ST(7.5%) & OBC (27%). Only those listed in the Central Govt’s OBC list will be considered against OBC quota. OBC candidates of State list but not covered by Central Govt’s OBC list may apply against General Category. 25% of scholarships for girl students and 10% of scholarships for persons with Disabilities (PwDs) (minimum 40% disability as per definition under Disabilities Act 1952) are reserved in each category/sub-category. The above reservations shall be maintained on overall All India Basis.
APPLICATION: Interested students meeting above eligibility criteria can apply online by logging on tohttps://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com or at https://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx. These sites shall be kept open to receive online applications from 12.07.2014 to 30.09.2014. Once the online application is submitted by an applicant, the system will generate a unique Registration Number. The applicants should note down this number and also take a print out of this Online Registered Application Form for future reference/correspondence. A message through SMS on the mobile number given in the online application and an e-Mail message on the e-Mail address given in the online application will be generated automatically as a token of confirmation of submission of your Online Application Form.
A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship / stipend / financial aid from any other source. The payment of Scholarship will be sent to selected scholars on six monthly basis through Principal/Head of their respective School/College/Institute. There will be no obligation on part of IOCL to provide employment to any Scholar at any point of time. IOCL reserves the right to reject any application as well as discontinue the scholarship at any time without giving any notice/assigning any reason. IOCL also reserves the right to cancel/modify/change any provision/guideline/criteria/conditions of the scheme in full or in part at any point of time.
BONUS PRIZE : Those qualifying in the merit list of the particular course (Top 10 in 10+ or Top 3 in graduate/post-graduate) will get a lump sum Bonus Prize of Rs. 10,000/- (Rs. Ten thousand only). Toppers will be invited at IOCL’s cost for receiving the amount.
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS : All the applicants should submit the required documents along with a print out of the Registered Online Application Form duly signed for scrutiny/verification. The detail of the documents/forms etc. to be submitted by the applicants is given in the above website under Head “Submission of Documents by Applicants”. The detail of documents to be submitted can be seen by individual applicant at the bottom of the print out of their Registered Online Application Form.
If the detail provided in the online application is found to be incorrect & does not match with the submitted documents, the application of such applicants shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence shall be made / entertained in this regard. IOCL shall initiate legal action against applicants or parents/guardians (in case applicant is minor) if wrong/misleading information is given or false/fake/fabricated/tempered documents are submitted in support of their application form.
The required documents in a sealed cover should be sent by Speed Post or Registered Post only at the address given below ON or BEFORE 31.10.2014 :
Sify Technologies Limited
(IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION)
Plot No B 7, Sector-132,
Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh)
Documents received after 31.10.2014 shall not be accepted. Any document submitted at any location of IOCL or any office of Administrator of the Scheme (M/s Sify Technologies Ltd.) shall not be considered.
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITIONS :
1. Criterion for selection will be merit and family’s income.
2. Applicants should fill in the same name (with same spellings) which appears in the mark sheet/certificate/degree of qualifying examination.
3. If documents of any applicant are not complete or proper, his/her application shall be rejected and no intimation on this account shall be given to such applicants.
4. All the documents to be submitted by applicants should be got attested from Principal/Head of the institution where the student is studying or from a Gazatted Officer or from a First Class Judicial Magistrate.
5. Applicants should get the grade (CGPA/GPA/SGPA/OGPA/CPI etc.) obtained converted into percentage of marks as per approved formula of Academic Board/Institution and should mention the formula used for conversion of grade into percentage of marks.
6. Applications with any invalid Caste Certificate shall be considered against General Category.
7. Applicants can hold their bank account in the branch of any Nationalised Bank (in India) having Core Banking Facility. Applicants should have the savings bank account
in their names (joint bank account with parents/guardians in case applicant is minor) and send attested copies of bank documents as mentioned in “Submission of Documents by Applicants”.
8. All applicants should check and ensure before applying that the name of their School/Institution appears as a recognized school/institution in the official website of respective State/Central Education Boards/Technical Education Boards/AICTE/MCI/Universities who have recognized their School/Institution. While scrutiny/verification of documents/school/institutions, applications of those students will be rejected whose school/institution (where they are studying) does not appear as a recognized school/institution on the official web site of the respective academic bodies, as mentioned above.
9. All applicants should check with their respective School/Institution, the Permanent ID Registration Number and Student ID Number issued/allotted by the respective State/Central Educational Boards, Universities, AICTE, MCI to individual School/Institution and individual student studying in recognized schools/institutions and fill it in the online application form.
10. First scholarship installment shall be released for 12 months by demand draft and subsequent Scholarship installments shall be released on six monthly basis through NEFT/Bank Transfer based on satisfactory performance and other details provided by the Principal/Head of the academic institution in the Feedback Form.
11. Wards of the IOCL employees, its Joint Venture and Subsidiary companies and Consultant managing the Scheme are not eligible to apply.
12. Applicants will have to provide valid & active e-mail address & mobile number in their online application form & keep on checking their personal e-Mail / Mobile SMS, Portal of Administrator of the Scheme at https://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com as well as on the web site of IOCL https://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx regularly for instructions specific for them from Administrator of the Scheme/IOCL.
13. IOCL will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss/damage of documents in transit or whatsoever reason.
14. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Delhi.
15. A Help Desk will be operating 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday) from 10.00 AM to 05.00 PM, except Gazetted & National Holidays, for any information/queries/clarifications from applicants. Help Desk can be contacted only over phone no. 9810421827 / 9810422305.
16. Any query/information or correspondence be made with the Administrator of the Scheme at the following address :
Sify Technologies Limited
(IOCL ESS I-TEST DIVISION)
Plot No B 7, Sector-132,
Noida-201301 (Uttar Pradesh)
e-Mail : email@example.com
|For other details and to
APPLY ONLINE, please||