Protecting Pipelines & Right-of-Way
- To protect the pipelines from damage, activities around the pipelines are restricted and landowners are advised not to venture into such activities around the pipeline. Construction of permanent structure in the ROW may damage the pipeline and restrict its maintenance activities, hence it is not allowed.
- The activities which are prohibited in the pipeline Right-of-Way (ROW) are
- Any type of digging
- Plantation of trees
- Any type of construction activity
- Burning fires
- Storing materials
However normal agriculture activities are allowed.
- Anybody noticing any type of abnormality in pipeline right-of-way (RoW) can protect the pipeline by notifying the company regarding potential damage or ROW issues at toll-free numbers as mentioned in emergency numbers tab.
- Always call the pipeline owner before you plan to dig in the RoW and report suspected damage to the owner at toll-free numbers.
- For essential use, manual excavation in the vicinity of the pipeline may be carried out after taking permission of the pipeline owner and avoid mechanized excavation close to the pipeline. The Manual digging can be done only after proper demarcation of the pipeline by the pipeline owner.
- If any scratch or dent is noticed on the pipeline during excavation, immediately stop the work and report any scratches or dents so that the damage can be inspected and the pipeline repaired, if needed. If it's not promptly repaired, the damage could result in future leaks or a serious accident.
- IndianOil regularly conducts maintenance of RoW, and carries out foot patrolling.
- The public is requested to inform the pipeline owner regarding any unauthorized construction activities in the RoW.